Balmy summer nights call for ethereal dresses, simple shoes and natural, glowing makeup. We joined photographer Harper Smith on a perfect evening as she took off in her Airstream for a lazy weekend in Topanga Canyon, and dressed her from head-to-toe in LA designers. Here are the pictures, just in time to inspire your weekend wardrobe.
Sun-bleached colors like cream and white make a floorlength gown look casual and effortless. Top with a fringed suede jacket and sunglasses for added insouciance.
Pictured: Simone Fringe Jacket (no longer available)
- Bandana Print Halter Cutout Dress, Band of Outsiders $795
- Banks Sunglasses, Oliver Peoples $420
- Rafia D'Orsay Flat, Jenni Kayne $495
- Fringed Leather Jacket, Kate Moss for Topshop $370
- Tatum Ring in Gold Turquoise White, Melinda Maria $68
- Tatum Ring in Gold White, Melinda Maria $68
- Hampstead Quarts Ring, Kelly Wearstler $295
- Gold Wishbone Bracelet, Jennifer Meyer $250
Entertaining at home—whether its just you and your pup or a group of 20 friends—calls for relaxed glamour. A ruffled silk gown and layers of charm necklaces will do the trick.