The Only Items You Need In Your Bag This Festival Season
It’s inevitable—no matter how much you plan ahead for a day in the desert, you always end up forgetting something. So, to make sure that you are fully prepared, we’re sharing the ultimate packing list for your next music festival. Whether you’re a Coachella veteran or the girl who likes to have everything “just in case,” these are the items you need in your bag. And speaking of bags, shop the five we’re obsessing over this season.
The Boho Girl
You're the girl who likes to look as good as you feel on the inside, and what makes you feel better than natural beauty?
What to pack: Tote everything from a rose face mist to all-over argan oil and even immunity-boosting vitamins. Don't forget to protect yourself with organic sunscreen and a cute pair of sunnies. Lastly, pack a crochet one-piece, because you never know when you'll be inclined to take a dip.
The bag: What goes better with your flowy dresses and and ruffled tops than a wicker lucite and a colorful tassel take your look from played out to modern.
- Love Me Like You Do One-Piece, Beach Bunny $175
- Rosewater Spray, S.W. Basics $13
- Betina Bag, WaiWai $610
- To Go Bag Natural Facial Cleansing Cloths, Juicy Bamboo $20
- Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter 2 oz., Josie Maran $12
- Lemon Hand Cream, Lano $15
- SPF 30 Coconut Sunscreen Stick, Promise Organic $10
- Travel Booster, Perricone MD $25
- Hey Macarena Polarized Retro Sunglasses, Le Specs $69
The Edgy Girl
You're always making a statement, and it's consistent from your backpack all the way down to your travel-size perfume.
What to pack: You're the type to make plans on a whim, so make sure you have everything you need, no matter where the day takes you. Pack double-duty items like an SPF 50 cushion compact and a vitamin-infused face mist. Hair ties, dry shampoo, highlighter and perfume will keep your look fresh between sets and well into the night. Finally, pack a water bottle to stay hydrated.
The bag: If you want to dance and be hands-free, patches for the ultimate cool-girl look.
- The Traceless Hair Ring Original In Mint To Be, Invisibobble $8
- Moisturizing Bomb Cushion Compact, belif $42
- Perk Up! Lip & Cheek Color Treat Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40, Supergoop! $22
- Death Valley Dry Shampoo, R+CO $29
- Quick Fix Hydracharged Complexion Prep Priming Spray, Urban Decay $15
- St. Louis Sunglasses, Krewe $255
- Holographic Stick In Supernova, Milk Makeup $28
- Pinrose Greatest Hits Rollerball Kit, Pinrose $18
- Water Bottle, bkr $35
- Embellished Nylon Zip Pack Backpack, Marc Jacobs $395
- Donni Double Gigi, Donni Charm $57
- Rib Tide Knot Top, Beach Bunny $130
- Rib Tide Adjustable Skimpy, Beach Bunny $120
The Fashion Girl
For the girl who stays up to date on the latest trends, only the best designers will do.
What to pack: Your outfit isn't complete without the perfect beauty look, so pack everything from BB cream and blotting sheets to hair oil and a scented hand cream. As for accessories, oval tortoise-shell sunnies and a wide-brimmed hat not only look fabulous but add an extra element of protection from the sun.
The bag: A patchwork cross-body exudes boho vibes while still being fashion-forward.
- Iris Sunglasses, Krewe $295
- Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes, Shout $3
- Gypsy Water Hand Cream 30ml, Byredo $35
- Hair Oil, OUAI $28
- Clutch-Size Lip Balm, Tom Ford $36
- Pattie Patchwork Camera Bag, See by Chloe $420
- Fresh Glow BB Cream, Burberry Beauty $44
- Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers, Tatcha $12
- The Lolita, Lack Of Color $120
The Festival Girl
You know exactly what to expect from festival season, and you enjoy every minute of it.
What to pack: Nobody can brave the elements better than you, but a survival kit loaded with dry conditioner, deodorant, sunscreen, eye drops, lip balm and a hydrating serum definitely help. Document your days in the desert with a vintage camera, and don't forget extra film. When the sun goes down, break out your bright eye pigment and revive your phone with a portable charger.
The bag: Nothing is more ideal for festival season than a playful circle carryall rendered in a bright, sunny hue, which complements ensembles varying from printed dresses to denim.
- iWalk Portable Power Bank Cellphone Charger, iWalk $18
- Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera, Fujifilm $60
- Silken Up Dry Conditioner 1 oz., Amika $10
- Total Eye Multi Symptom Relief, Visine $6
- Clean Queen Vegan Deodorant, Tarte $14
- Zeno Sun Sunglasses, Garrett Leight $420
- Sunforgettable Loose Mineral Sunscrean Brush SPF 50, ColorScience $64
- Lips 101 Ointment Strawberry Multi-Balm, Lano $14
- Eye Pigment In Jam Room, Milk Makeup $24
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Skin Inc. $45
- Raye Circle Bag, Clove & Revel $225
The Practical Girl
You are prepared for literally everything, and we love you for it.
What to pack: You would never set out for a day in the desert without your sunscreen, face mist, lip balm and deodorant, but you take it up a notch with items like eye patches, portable toothbrushes and Tylenol. Lastly, a pair of flats and a blanket are the perfect items for a midday break between sets.
The bag: A roomy tote will hold the contents of your arsenal without looking too big. This printed woven option is both practical and chic.
- Sable Sandal, Joie $125
- Beach Defense Sunscreen Spray SPF 70, Neutrogena $11
- Custom Carryall, Tribe Alive $238
- Mineral Water Spray 5 oz., Evian $13
- Wisp Spearmint Mini-Brush with Freshening Bead, Colgate $5
- Eye Mask, Sephora Collection $5
- Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant, Dove $3
- Flavored Balm Dotcom In Coconut, Glossier $12
- Extra-Strength 500mg Travel Size Go Packs, Tylenol $4
- My Girl Sunglasses, Quay $50