As a self-bronzing devotee for years, I can tell you there has never been a better time to cheat a tan. With the many state-of-the-art advances that have been made in skincare products, you can now instantly achieve a real-looking glow that lasts, sans the orange streaks! Woohoo! So, how to go about attaining said radiance, you ask? Easy! Just follow my three-step process…
1. Start by scrubbing down your skin thoroughly with a loofah and exfoliator—a crucial tactic! 2. Apply your sunless tanner of choice from my suggestions below. Wearing plastic gloves while you do this is always a good idea to prevent “tan lines”. 3. Wait a day or two, then seal your glow with a moisturizing self-tan extender and—ta-da!—your DIY tan will be so stellar that your friends won’t know whether you just returned from the bathroom or the Bahamas! xoRZ
4. Skin Illuminator ($23) by St. Tropez Tanning Essentials
5. Alpha Beta Glow Pads ($18) by Dr. Dennis Gross
6. Brazilian Tan ($49) by Rodial
7. Instant Smooth Self Tanner ($33) by Clarins
P.S. Want to achieve some West Coast-inspired style this summer? Shop my just-launched guide of 10 Surfside Selects!