Zoe Do: Posh Ponytail
In the midst of an ever-demanding fall schedule, there isn’t always time for a voluminous blowout. That being said, you can still get a runway-ready look â la Jill Sander, Jason Wu and Calvin Klein by simply securing your hair back in a sleek, low-slung ponytail. Next time you’re in a pinch, follow these four effortless steps provided by our beauty guru, Joey Maalouf, for a flirtatious and youthful effect.
For a Jill Sander-Inspired Low Pony:
1. On tosseled-dry hair, create a deep side part using a rat tail comb.
2. Brush hair into a smooth, low pony tail; the closer to the nape of the head, the better.
3. Secure ponytail with an elastic band.
4. Apply a dime size amount of smoothing crème to your finger tips and smooth out all fly aways, really press the product onto the roots of the part to give a shiny, dramatic effect. But don’t go further then 2 inches with it you want the ends to be dry.
5. Finish by spraying with hairspray to ensure the style stays in place!