While we adore the heavy hitters of the accessories world as much as the next girl, there is also something to be said for branching out and marching to the beat of your own, more unique, drum. With a slew of established brands now trying their hands at the accessories game, and altogether new talent bursting onto the scene, there’s never been a better time to sit up and take notice. Shop our favorites and pick up a great bag that won’t be “so last season” come fall. Now that’s a trend we can get behind.
Based in the UK, these bags boast bright colors and exotic skins.
- Tilapia Atomic Mini Hex Bag in Cornflower Blue , Angel Jackson $464
A grey leather shoulder bag with sleek gold hardware is both timeless and seasonless.
- Mini Petra Satchel in Grey , Angel Jackson $409
Already a major hit in Bangkok, the brand is gainig a major following in the US and offers a range of clutches, shoulder bags and louche carryalls.
- Walken Bag, Boyy $925
Nothing wins our hearts like a chic backpack and this one features a hefty chain trim, sturdy leather straps and calf hair panels.
- Bon Bon Backpack, Boyy $895
Canadian brand, Mackage, is known for their stylish outerwear and separates. In keeping with their aesthetic their handbags are structured, high-quality and incredibly functional.
- Cody Poppy Crossbody Bag, Mackage $350
Each bag features the brand's signature arrow hardware closure which looks especially great with the pebbled leather of this crossbody version.
- Rubie Small Crossbody Bag, Mackage $295
Need a conversation piece for your next soiree? Look no further than Tonya Hawkes' statement clutches.
- Pop Rock Clutch, Tonya Hawkes $1110
We love the juxtaposition of deco designs and modern fabrics.
- Empire Metallic Lambskin Clutch, Tonya Hawkes $1040
The storied accessories brand has been around since the 1950's which means they know a thing or two about creating incredibly functional bags. Their recent resurgence is thanks to brand expansion and lots of beautiful new fabrics and colors, like this canary bucket bag.
- Rigg Bucket Bag, Etienne Aigner $345
A functional raffia bag that will look chic year-round.
- Suz Small Flap Crossbody, Etienne Aigner $295
Much like the ready to wear, Karen Millen's bags balance modern shapes with modern flourishes like delicate gold hardware and pastel colors.
- Mini Leather Shoulder Bag, Karen Millen $175
We like the subtle pattern on this utilitarian, woven tote.
- Limited Edition Woven Leather Bag, Karen Millen $550