By now you hopefully have your New Year’s Eve attire selected—no? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!—but the beauty aspect of the night is another story. Seeing to it that you shut it down amongst a sea of sequins, we detailed a step-by-step agenda on how to get a runway-inspired look. Study our guidelines carefully and you’ll turn heads left and right!
1. Start by applying sheer foundation over the whole face to even out your skin tone.
2. Dab a modest-to-liberal amount of cream blush onto the apples of your cheekbones to achieve a healthy and natural glow.
3. Taking a black liquid liner, like Eyeko’s Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, draw a line from the inner corner of the eye up through the crease, then wing it out to create an exaggerated cat-eye.
4. Using black cream shadow and an eyeshadow brush, color in the crease of the eye, forming what looks like a thick, graphic winged eye. Don’t be afraid to use a black cream shadow with glitter, it is New Year’s Ever after all!
5. Clean up any stray specs with a Q-tip to make sure the shadow looks intense and defined.
6. Next, take the black liquid liner and line the bottom lash line to complete the look.
7. Since the makeup is so intense, we suggest keeping your hair natural. Some volumizing mousse and a spritz of hairspray is perfect to create an understated ‘do, or you may choose to rock a chic chignon.
8. If you are feeling extra over-the-top, add a bright lip. While this tends to be a beauty faux pas, we believe that on New Year’s Eve, the rules go out the window…more is more!
P.S. Get your glitter on this holiday season with a few shimmering cosmetics.