First off, I read The Zoe Report every day, so thank you for all of the stylish tips! 🙂 Secondly, I am writing because I am looking to update my wardrobe, but don’t want to spend a fortune. What are some must-have winter accessories that will bring new life to last year’s clothes?
I am so happy that you enjoy The Zoe Report, and excited to answer your question, as it will apply to many! As a stylist, I obviously take my accessories very seriously year-round, but they are exceptionally important during winter. They keep you cozy in the cold and bring a little extra glitz to your holiday party ensembles. With endless seasonal-appropriate adornments to choose from, I narrowed down a few favorites for you—it was tough!—that are guaranteed to carry you chicly from now through spring…now start excessorizing! xoRZ
1. Trapper Hat – Unlike a beanie or beret, these impossibly chic toppers should really only be worn during the fall and winter season, so seize the moment! There are countless cozy cute styles on the market, but I love trappers most in faux fur and animal print for that next level glam.
2. Jeweled Cuff – The holiday season gives us an excuse to pile on even more shimmer than usual, and a good place to start is with a statement-making jeweled cuff. All it takes to transform your daytime casual getup into a ready-to-party look is some sparkle!
3. Sequin Clutch – During the holidays, the sparkle factor continues on past your jewelry and into our clothes, shoes and purses! Trade out your standard black clutch for something sequined and you’ll never look back :).
4. Party Pump – As if anyone needed an extra reason to dance on tables, a pair of sequined platform pumps will truly get the party started!
5. Bright Oversized Daybag – In the winter, it is easy to drab down and fall into a rut of wearing darker colors. The quickest way to liven things up is by carrying a boldly-colored bag. Since the neon trend was a huge player on the runways this season, I am partial to extra bright hues…think yellow!
6. Cocktail Ring – At this time of year, your social calendars are no-doubt inundated with seasonal soirees and festive cocktail parties…so it is only appropriate that you find a fabulous cocktail ring to accompany you to each festive gathering. Knock ’em out with style.
7. Jeweled Headband – Now that you have sparkly elements on your hands, feet and neckline, why stop there? Before heading out the door, throw on a glistening headband for a final touch of charm.