Almost as exciting as the forthcoming fall fashion collections is their corresponding beauty trends. Of the many memorable looks, we personally can’t wait to try the glamour-meets-grunge glares—so we’re not going to! Seen at Altuzarra, Lanvin and Giorgio Armani, we’re learning how to recreate these eye-catching lids from the comfort of our own vanity in just a few steps. Honing in on the models at Altuzurra, who were done up under the beauty direction of MAC makeup artist, Tom Pecheux, we are handing the mic over now to our in-house glam guru, Joey Maalouf to help us (and you!) get the look.
For an avant-garde glare, follow Joey’s pro steps:
2. Using a felt tip Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Pen, draw a thin line from the top, inside corner of your eye, tracing the lash line to the outside corner. Slightly exaggerate the line in an upward motion towards the temples.
3. Using the same pen, trace the crease of your lid using your already-drawn wing tip as your guide. Leave a parallel gap between the lines for an eye-lifting effect. Extend the line to the middle of the crease.
4. Take a MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Pencil in Pearly White to finish the line into the crease between your brow bone and the inside corner of your eye.
5. Outline the bottom lash line with the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Pen, connecting it to the extended line on your top lid.
6. Apply two coats of Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara to both your top and bottom lashes.
When a typical cat-eye just won’t do, explore the possibilities of a glamorously grunge glare and you’ll earn double takes all autumn long.
P.S. Expand your color horizons this fall with one of thirty rich picksfrom Sephora!